Why Solar and Energy Storage?
Solar power is a proven technology that can help your city reduce energy costs, meet sustainability goals, and curb emissions. Energy storage is a key component for cities to provide resiliency solutions, be more sustainable, and build towards the future.
- The Nikola Power team has developed solutions for the City of Denver, County of Pueblo, City of Lafayette, Denver Public Schools, and Xcel Energy Colorado
- Utilizing a power purchase agreement (PPA) model to access renewable energy allows for zero up front cost
- Numerous Colorado municipalities have successfully implemented power purchase agreements
Learn More: 1-877-464-5652
What Is a Solar Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)?
- A financial agreement in which a third-party developer owns, builds, operates, and maintains a solar photovoltaic (PV) system on a customer’s property at little to no cost for the customer
- Customer sites systems on its property in exchange for stable energy at a lower rate than the local utility's retail prices
- Allows customers to buy energy produced by the PV system rather than pay for the system itself
Why Should a Municipality Choose a PPA?
- Enjoy the same benefits of clean solar power afforded to businesses and homeowners
- Embrace a leadership role in support of clean energy
- Utilize unused roof space on town halls, police and fire stations, and schools to deploy solar energy solutions
Why Work with Nikola Power?
Nikola Power is a pioneer in the energy storage and solar space — with over 10 years of experience in the renewable energy industry, we know what it takes to start, manage, and optimize projects. Our solutions are designed to incorporate renewable energy and energy storage solutions to provide public power utilities with reliable and responsive power.
Contact Us: 1-877-464-5652
WhAt We Do
Our solutions enable you to satisfy customer demand for lower energy costs and a cleaner environment. We can help you leverage the benefits of energy storage into a new or existing renewable energy power plant.
We will work with you to identify and address your power system needs such as load shifting, voltage control, frequency regulation, integration of renewable resources like solar or wind, or postponing expensive infrastructure upgrades.
The Nikola Power team has developed, financed, constructed, and operated over $250 million in clean energy projects, including installations that power Denver Public Schools, the City of Denver, County of Pueblo, City of Lafayette, and Xcel Energy Colorado.
Our Founder & CEO, J.W. Postal, testified before the state senate to pioneer key legislation that unlocked PPA financing for solar energy and led to the state's first zero-down project.